Pinckneyville, Illinois Spring Demo April 25th, 2020 Feb 5, 2020 15:39:41 GMT -5
Post by jdl on Feb 5, 2020 15:39:41 GMT -5
Pinckneyville will be having their spring demo derby on Saturday April 25th . There will be Autocross full size and mini car, mini car derby, full size stock derby, full size bone stock, and mini size bone stock. There will be trophies for all classes and an overall Maddog trophy for the night.
We are also having the power wheels demo. so bring out the jr demo drivers
NOTE: ALWAYS COME PREPARED TO RUN HEATS.
Derby at 6:00. Inspection from 2:00-5:30
Grandstand Admission: Adults $10 Kids 6-12 $5 Age 5 and under FREE
Questions/Concerns, call Joe (618)317-3156
FOR MINI CAR QUESTIONS, CALL ALEX HEINE (618) 559-0309
5500.00 IN PRIZE money.
full size stock. 1st 1450 2nd 500 3rd 200 4th 100 5th 50 mini cars 1st 700 2nd 300 3rd 150 4th 100 5th 50 bone stock full and mini. 1st 500 2nd 100 3rd 50
Full size and mini car auto cross 1st place $150.00. 2nd place $100.00. 3rd place $50.00.
There will be a $40.00 entry fee paid by the driver and $30.00 entry fee for a rider before entering the pits. All drivers and riders must be at least 16 years old. All drivers and riders must wear helmets, eye protection, long pants, and shirts. Pit passes $25. NO REFUNDS WILL BE GIVEN IF YOUR VEHICLE DOES NOT MEET INSPECTION REQUIREMENTS.
payout is set for 8 cars or more in each heat
any class with more than 25 cars will have add money
GENERAL RULES FOR MINI AND STOCK CAR CLASS
DO NOT READ ANYTHING INTO THE RULES JUST FOLLOW THE RULES
LET YOUR DRIVING SKILLS WIN NOT YOUR WELDER
1. There will be an entry fee paid by the driver and the rider. Each extra person entering the pits must buy a pit pass. Everyone that enters the pits must sign the insurance waiver and release form.
2. Registration forms will be filled out by show or driver’s license only. All drivers must be at least 16 years of age. Drivers 16 and 17 must have parent or legal guardian sign a minor release form.
3. All drivers and riders must wear seat belts, helmet, eye protection, long pants, and shirts.
4. All windows, mirrors, headlights, taillights, chrome, and plastic etc. must be removed before entering the fair grounds. Inside of car must be completely stripped out except front seat and be swept out.
5. Two automotive type batteries will be allowed. Must be in passenger’s compartment and securely fastened and covered.
6. Radiator must remain in stock position. Any auto type may be used, no reserve tanks, 1/8 in expanded metal with 2 in overlap on core support only.
7. Gas tanks must be removed. Fuel cell or boat tank must be used, securely fastened and covered in rear seat area. No plastic tanks. Fuel lines and tank must be leak proof. Electrical pumps must have shut off marked and in reach of driver. When mounting gas tank, it must not strengthen car. Gas tank protector may be welded to the back bar. Only 4 inches wider than the gas tank itself and must be 5 inches from rear sheet metal (package tray) the area that your upper back seat was from.
8. No painting, under coating oiling, or greasing etc. of frames. If your frame is muddy, wash it before you come.
9. No hitting in drivers or riders doors. If the hit is deemed by officials to be careless or intentional, you may be disqualified. No using doors as a shield or you may be disqualified.
10. Any open door will be cause for disqualification.
11. One fire in driver’s compartment, or two in engine compartments you will be out.
12. NO welding of any kind anywhere on car, body seams, or frames other than what is stated in your class of rules. NO EXCEPTIONS!
13. If it does not say you CAN do it, then you can NOT do it!! (DO NOT SHOW UP and say-show me where it says we can’t do it, or we can’t have it. You cannot unless it says you CAN!!!) We may deviate from these for minor things for safety. Decision of officials is final. Questions call first.
14. You must put a 12"x12" minimum number sign on top of the car.
15. All cars MUST have one bar, chain, or wire from dash to roof in center windshield area. Cars may have rear window center bar from roof to speaker deck.
16. Fenders may be trimmed or rolled. Allowed “10”- 3/8” bolts or screws per wheel opening, with 3/8” max. size washer. Do not weld. You may crease top of quarter panels. No wedge cars or sedagons. Bumpers may be trimmed.
17. You may patch floor board for driver or riders feet only. Same type body metal only. Do not strengthen car! Screw or bolt or light welds.
18. You must make AGGRESSIVE contact every 60 Seconds.
19. Suspension must remain stock type parts. Unless noted in your class of rules. No welding on springs, a-arms, shocks, struts, etc. You may wire coil springs in place, one place each top and bottom. Or you may use one hose clamp each top and bottom. Leaf springs you may add one clamp in front of axle and one behind on each side. You may add screw in type spring risers, or type found at part store. NONE homemade.
20. Steering: Steering wheels and shafts can be changed out. You must use stock type tie rods, you may reinforce and weld on them.
21. If anything is changed on your car after inspection to make it illegal, you will be automatically disqualified, and will not receive a refund.
22. Unsportsmanlike conduct will not be tolerated, and may result in disqualification and removal from pits. Officials have the right to reinspect any car at any time. After the race if your found illegal, you will forfeit and prizes, it will then go to the next driver in finishing order.
23. Any questions or controversies will be discussed at drivers meeting. If you see something we missed, please let us know we will check it out.
24. All drivers must pick up trophies and earnings at completion of the event, or forfeit, they will not be available after that date.
25. NO drivers or riders may be impaired by alcohol or drugs, if you’re suspected of being impaired you will not be allowed in event.
26. Please don't bring a car that is obviously illegal, then wonder why you can’t run. Come show us your driving abilities, not your welding abilities. May the best driver win.
27. You can not sleeve all tread
28. You can not run anything from core support bumper
Mini Car Rules
All mini cars must follow general rules plus the rules listed below
M1. Only passenger cars and station wagons allowed. No 4x4's. front wheel drive cars 111" wheelbase or less. Rear wheel drive cars 106" or less
M2. Drive train must be 6 cylinder or smaller engine. You may weld mounts, but nothing excessive. Engine cradles may not be changed. Headers may go through hood. No distributor protectors. No engine protection, except you may have skid plates, must be separate oil/trans plates. No full length plates. Can not be bolted or welded to frame. You may weld spider gears. You may have floor shifter, modified gas/brake pedals are ok, may not strengthen car. Trans cooler ok. Must be secure and covered, may not strengthen car.
M3. Front wheel drive axles must be stock oem factory type axles, no welding. Do not add metal to struts. Struts must be all stock. Suspension must remain stock. Nothing may be added to suspension to increase ride height. Stiffening of suspension is left up to driver’s discretion.
M4. On rear wheel drive cars, no welding on housings. Must be stock type drive shafts. May be welded to length. No pto's.
M5. Tires must be 16" or smaller, no split rims. Any tire ok. No welding on rims except small valve stem protectors. You may screw tires to rim, foam fill, or tire in a tire.
M6. Front Bumpers- Homemade bumpers will be allowed. Point cannot exceed that of a stock Chrysler pointy bumper. Bumpers (front and rear) can be no higher than 26” from the ground to the top of the bumper or lower than 16” from the ground to the bottom of the bumper Installation: You will only be able to go 8 inches maximum from back of bumper along outside and or inside frame. (Example: You may weld pipe or tube 8 inches long to back of bumper and slide pipe or tube inside of frame and weld.) Anything added must be for securing bumper only. When you get done you must drill a 1/2-inch hole on outside frame at back edge of metal so officials can see where you stopped.
* Can have two straps from bumper to core support outside of radiator and max size 2 in wide, ¼ inch thick.
M7. Frames must remain stock. Nothing welded except front bumper install and motor mounts. No other added metal, concrete, foam, etc. You may notch or prebend frame, but no welds or bolts. EXCEPT ON PRERUN CARS AND PRERUN CARS ONLY: You may use four (4) 4"x 4" x 1/4" repair plates. Must be welded on visible bends only and put flat on frame. DO NOT WELD from engine sub frame to frame. You CANNOT cut your 4 repair plates in half and have 8 of them. You only get 4. Can have 1- 3/8 in chain or 9 wire from subframe to body (one wrap each side).
If you run chain from sub to body, you can weld chain links.
M8. Body mounts may be changed to 7/16" bolts maximum, must have 1" spacer between frame and body, may not go all the way through frame, washers may be 2" x 3/8" max.
M9. You can have up to six-point cage. 3 cross bars, one across the dash, one behind driver seat one in rear seat area, and 2 side bars, not to go past dash bar and rear seat bar. None of your cars can contact floor or frame. Except you can have one down tube per side to flat part of frame 1 foot behind the 2 body mounts at your feet at the A pillar, with a max distance of 2 feet from the same measuring point. 6-inch max diameter. No other bars may touch the floor or frame anywhere. Halo bar allowed but only to seat bar, not to floor or frame. Gas tank protector ok, must not strengthen car.
* Allowed 2 down tubes in the front area of cage and 2 down tubes in back area of the cage.
M10. Doors must be chained, wired, or welded. You may weld outside only. You may weld solid. You may use 4" x 1/4" straps. You may beat top of doors down and weld them in three places, with a maximum of 1" weld each. No welding wagon gates wire or chain only. Do not run wire or chain etc. from doors or bars to floor, roof, or frames. No wire from floor or frame to roof.
M11. Hoods may be chained, wired, or bolted in eight places: you may use two 1" maximum all threads, may go through frame but not in front of radiator. DO NOT WELD. You may use six more 1/2" bolts in sheet metal only, washers 6" x 6" 1/2" thick max. OR you may use angle iron welded back to back with a bolt through it. Angle cannot be more then 3/16" thick or longer than 6". Three sets on each side of car. You must have 2 holes at least 6"x6" one on each side of carb. You may add up 10 -3/8" max bolts or screws around each hole in hood.
M12. Trunks may be chained, wired, or bolted in eight places: you may use two (2) 1" maximum all-threads, may go through frame. DO NOT WELD. You may use six (6) more bolts 1/2" max in sheets metal only, washers 6"x6" 1/2" thick max. OR you may weld angle iron back to back with a bolt through it. Angles cannot be more than 3/16" thick or longer than 6" three sets each side/. Trunk must remain on factory hinges and half of it in stock location, unless completely removed. You may weld trunk 5on 5 off with 1/4 in. think strap max of 4 in. wide.
FULL SIZE STOCK RULES
This is our new stock class. The following rules are for the stock class only.
S1. Any year car except no imperials, no suicide Lincolns, and no hearses.
S2. Do not read anything into these rules, just read the rules. If it doesn’t say you can, you can’t!!
S3. NO reinforcements allowed other than specified below. Any metal added to reinforce the car is illegal.
S4. No painting, undercoating, or greasing of frames, or suspension or you will not be inspected.
S5. You must have at least a 12" by 12" roof sign with car number on it.
S6. Anything can be removed or cut away but nothing can be added.
S7. Deck and hood must be in 100 percent stock location and open for inspection. Hood must have 2 6" holes on each side of carb. After inspection you may tuck trunk with a single 90 degree bend.
S8. HOODS- MUST BE OPEN AT INSPECTION! So, don’t come to inspection line with hood bolted down…
· Can replace front 2 body mounts with 2-1” all thread through the hood, these 2 body mounts cannot be moved, with 4” washers.
o Can have a 4” or less spacer free floating between core support and frame.
o Only on the front can you shorten the frame you must leave 3 ½” in front factory location of the front body mount. This is the body munt that you run your all thread through.
· Plus 2”X2” angel iron 4” long ¼” thick back to back 2 on each side of hood, with 1-1/2” bolt in each or not both 4-1/2” bolts sheet metal to sheet metal with 4” washers 1/4“thick.
· Hood must be 100% in stock location and open for inspection.
· Anything can be removed or cut away but NOTHING can be added
· Hood must have two (2) holes, at least six (6) inches in diameter on each side of carburetor **Not directly on top of carburetor
· IF HOOD IS REMOVED, EITHER FAN BLADE MUST BE REMOVED OR FAN BELT MUST BE CUT.
· A MAX. of 20-3/8” bolts/washers or smaller are allowed to bolt together hood seams.
· Can replace any of the 4 rear body mounts with 2-1” all thread through the trunk, with 4” WASHERS. Bottom nut and washer may be on bottom side of the frame, not to extend 1” past nut and may extend through trunk. ZERO welding allowed mounting any of these threaded rods.
· Plus (4) 2”X2” angel iron 4” long ¼” thick back to back, with 1-1/2” bolt in each or not both (4) – 1/2 “ bolts sheet metal to sheet metal with 4” washers ¼” thick or on side of trunk and you can weld 5 on 5 off with strap size 2” wide by ¼” thick max.
· Trunk must be 100% in stock location. Must be on the factory hinges, choices to do your trunk
o Stock location OR
o ½ cut off OR
o 90’d straight down at the halfway point OR
o “V’d” downward at ½ way point of the trunk, (rear quarters remain in factory position vertical, straight up and down and rear tail light panel/assembly must remain vertical, straight up and down
· Anything can be removed or cut away but NOTHING can be added.
S10. DOORS-- driver and passenger doors must be padded. May be welded, outside only. You may weld solid, you may use 4" x 1/8" straps on 4 door cars, back doors may be welded 5 on 5 off/back seams only. No other bars on outside of doors.
S11. TAILGATES-- #9 wire double stranded in four places max. May not go to roof or frame.
S12. BODY MOUNTS-- spacers to remain stock and in place. May be replaces with ½” size bolt, 3” washer max size, top and bottom (bolts must be inside of frame). Stock body pucks must be in place and all bottom nuts must be inside frame except front and rear all thread.
S13. WINDSHEILDS-- must have #9 wire, light chain or bar from roof to dash. 2 max.
· NO welding on frames allowed. Except…
o If running a used car prior to this derby, you are allowed 4 patch plates max (must be on the outside of the frame). Size 4”X4”x1/4”. Must be painted a bright color. So it is easily noticed for inspectors. AFTER INSPECTION OR HEATS, NO WELDING THESE PLATES ON. IF ADDITIONAL PLATES ARE FOUND AFTER INSPECTION- NO MONEY WILL BE PAID OUT.
o No plates on fresh cars to fix/patch rust holes, unless it’s a pre ran/used car then follow patch plate rule.
o Only on the front can you shorten the frame. You must leave 3 ½” in front factory location of the front body mount. This is the body mount that you run your all thread through. These 2 body mounts cannot be moved.
· All suspension must remain car type stock. ZERO aftermarket parts.
· Rear control arms may be changed but must be stock. NO SHORTENING 100% stock
· You may use (store bought spring spacers only, no homemade, no spacers on top of the springs). Front and rear
· You may have a double strand #9 wire to hold coil spring to rear end and leaf spring cars may use 4 single strands #9 wire as leaf clamps or factory clamps.
· You may run a double strand of #9 wire twisted together or 3/8 chain or smaller, behind the rear wheels from frame to frame. No extra mounting component can be used to mount this. Just wrap around frame and twist or bolt it.
· Factory or aftermarket steering column ok
· If you’re running a ’03 or newer, must run/use stock/factory cradle.
· Aftermarket or homemade tie rods allowed must have factory ends. NO HEIMS
· Can use #9 wire or 3/8 chain on A-arms. No welding to accomplish this.
S16. REAR CONTROL ARMS--may be changed out but must be stock. No shortening. 100 percent stock. No welding
S17.REARENDS--- five lug only. NO reinforcements. NO bracing. You may weld spider gears/spools. You may weld stock oem brackets on it. You may have a double strand #9 wire to hold coil springs to rear end and leaf sprung cars may use 4 single strands #9 wire as leaf spring clamps. You may run 1 spot of #9 wire double stranded from rear end to frame per side, nothing through body.
S18. You may run a double strand of #9 wire twisted together, behind the rear wheels from frame to frame. No extra mounting component can be used to mount this. Just wrap around frame and twist.
S19. Steering- Any steering column may be used.
S20. ENGINES, TRANS-NO cradle swaps. Any engine or transmission may be used in any car but must be mounted in stock position. on v-block motor, front spark plugs must be even or in front of upper ball joint. on inline motors, number two spark plug must be even or in front of upper ball joint. You may use a lower aftermarket cradle only. No pulley protectors. No dp protectors. No aftermarket parts of this nature at all. You may have engine oil pan and trans pan protector. Flat bottom side only. No tranny protectors/braces, stock mounting only, stock cross members only. You may use a 2" x 2" x 1/4" angle iron 4" long welded only to inside frame rail to mount your stock cross member. I.E. Chevy drive line in a ford. No other welding.
S21. ENGINE MOUNTS , factory bottom motor mounts must be used and same goes for trans mount. You may weld a 4" x 4" x 1/2" thick spacer to raise engine from steering components. Welded mounts allowed.
S22. DRIVESHAFTS-- May be welded or slip shaft.
S23. CAGE AND HALO--You must have a 4-point cage. Two cross bars, one in dash area, and one behind driver’s seat that must be no more than 18" from back of driver seat. Two side bars cannot go past dash bar or more than 18" behind driver seat. Get your tape measure out. If your more than 18" you will have to cut. Halo bar allowed must be in line with seat bar. 2 down tubes allowed. One each side center of front seat from cage to floor sheet metal (DO NOT weld to the frame).
S24. GAS TANK-- Gas tank mount may be welded to back bar but must be 8 inches from rear sheet metal (package tray). The area that your upper back seat was from. Secure and cover tank.
S25. Battery-- must be moved to passenger front floor, secured and covered. Only one allowed
S26. Trans coolers allowed, must be mounted in rear seat area. Must not strengthen car.
· You may load inside or back side of bumper. Must still look stock.
· You may weld front and rear bumper strait to frame/hard nose no added metal, only on the front can you shorten the frame you must leave 3 1/2 “ in front factory location of the front body mount. This is the body mount that you run your all thread through. Use following the rules for front bumper if using a shock only.
· You may weld bumper bracket (in factory location) to frame 4 inches from the back of bumper, in addition you may put 4 one inch welds on back side of bumper bracket or to weld shock inside frame (example Crown Vics)
· If your car did not come with a shock (example 71 Chevy) you may use a 74-76 CHEVY CANS welded to factory specs OR BOP bracket bolted/mounted in stock location with stock bolds.
· You may chain, 2 pieces of chain per side bolted or welded (weld one link on each end) from the mount to mount to hold on the bumper.
S28. TIRES AND WHEELS. Forklift and skidder tires allowed. Liquid in tires allowed. Studs and screws in rims to hold tire in place allowed. Wheels must be strictly stock. Except small valve stem protectors allowed.
S29. No sedagons, zero crease enhancements, except one single crease top rear quarter panel. Trunk, floor pan, and speaker deck must remain in stock location. Trunk lid may have one 90 degree bend down at 1/2-way point.
S31. Only welding allowed are doors, bumpers, engine mount, cage, and gears. Do NOT weld core support, fenders, rear quarters, frames, etc.
S32. All cars must be stripped of all glass, plastic, interior except front seats, wagon decking. Free of trash and swept clean.
S33. Stock type ac condenser in front of radiator only.
FULL SIZE BONE STOCK
Follow general rules
- Doors must be changed or wired shut. No welding.
- The hood may have two ¾” all thread outside of radiator down to frame and two side bolts 3/8”. One 3/8” back center of hood. The hood must have two 8” holes or bigger on each side of carb in case of fire.
- Trunk two bolts each side 3/8” or trunk may be removed.
- Suspension must remain 100% stock.
- Rear end must remain 100% stock. May weld spider gears. No reinforcing trailing arms.
- Any engine may be used in a car, just no high performance engines. No cradles. You may have headers.
- Transmissions – You may use a floor shifter. Cross member can be stock oem or 2” angle iron ¼” thick from frame to frame. You may use a transmission cooler.
- Tires must be DOT 16” or smaller.
- Bumper- Must be oem. Full size bumper. NO HOMEMADE BUMPERS OR REINFORCING STOCK BUMPERS.
- Cage- 4 point cage. No down tubes.
- Steering- 100% stock. No welding on tie rods or anything.
MINI CAR BONE STOCK
1. 108” Wheelbase or less FWD only. (NO FRAMERS)
2. Bumpers must remain stock that came with car and unaltered. No welding or reinforcing. (NO STUFFING UNIBODIES WE WILL BE SCOPING THEM). You can have two strands of #9wire per side from the bumper to core support to keep bumper from falling off. (IF CAR CAME WITH PLASTIC BUMPER YOU MAY ADD ANOTHER COMPACT BUMPER BUT MUST BE BOLTED ON IDENTICAL AS STOCK ONE. NO BUMPERS OFF A FRAME MINI. MUST BE A OEM THIN ONE LIKE COMES ON FWDS. NO WELDING.)
3. Doors, hood, and trunks must be held shut with chain or #9 wire only. Absolutely BOTH N4. You can have a maximum of 4 point cage that does not extend more than 12” behind seat. You can have fuel tank protector but it can only be wide enough to protect fuel cell. (NOT DOOR TO DOOR). You can also have a halo bar.
4. Fuel tank must be removed and a metal boat tank or homemade metal tank mounted in rear seat area. Battery (Maximum of one battery) needs to be mounted in passenger floor board.
5. Suspension needs to remain stock r.
6. DOT APPROVED TIRES ONLY.
DEMO RULES APRIL 25TH 2020.docx (31.28 KB)