Carolina Speedway - June 21st - FWD/Compact May 31, 2019 10:08:45 GMT -5
Post by cdpromotions on May 31, 2019 10:08:45 GMT -5
Carolina Derby Promotions
Carolina Derby Promotions
Friday June 21st
(After a night of racing)
Front Wheel Drive/Compact
MAD DOG. $200
$$$$FREE ENTRY FEE IF YOU PRE ENTER$$$$
Enter at the following site:
Drivers must purchase pit pass.
*****Plus a Power Wheels Derby for the Kids******
Read and re-read ALL rules carefully, do not twist or bend these rules. If it doesn’t say you can do it, don’t assume that you can, ASK first or don’t do it! . All Judges decisions will be final!! Use common sense!!! Contact Jason 704-477-0074 if you have any question on any of these rules.
General FWD Car Rules:
• Any stock front wheel drive (2) or (4) door hardtop, sedan, station wagon or hatchback. UNIBODY ONLY! (4), (5), and (6) cylinder engines are allowed as factory equipped. Stock means manufacturer showroom equipped. No AWD, 4 x 4, or rear wheel drives will be permitted. No SUV’S, PT Cruisers, convertibles, or anything with a truck bed.
• Cars must be stripped completely. Remove all decking in wagons. Vehicles must be clean of all debris. Dash can remain. All glass must be removed.
• You must have a working seatbelt. Lap or shoulder is fine.
• Gas tanks may remain in factory position if mounted in front of rear axle. See “Drivers Compartment”.
• All cars must have working brakes.
• Pick between weld, chain, or wire.
• If welding: You may weld driver’s door solid. All other doors 6” on 6” off.
• If chain: Max of (4) 3/8inch chain per door.
• If wire: Max of (4) loops in (4) places per door.
• No body creasing.
• Inner fenders may be removed.
• Outer wheel wells must be in place. Minimum clearancing is permitted but do not get carried away.
• (4) point cage, roll over bar, or dash bar is highly recommended. None to add strength but for safety reasons only. None of the bars may attach to frame/unibody, or extend into backseat area. Down bars can only attach to floor sheet metal. Must be completely vertical.
• Gas tanks may remain in factory position if mounted in front of rear axle. If using a modified fuel cell, must be mounted in the center of the backseat area. Fuel cells must be firmly secured. Electric fuel pumps are fine but an on/off switch must be in reach of the driver seat and clearly labeled “ON”/”OFF”.
• One car battery only! Must be firmly secured to the passenger side floor board.
• All air bags must be disconnected and removed.
• All sunroofs must be clear of glass and shall be covered with sheet metal. Nothing to add strength.
• Must be stock as if it came off the show room floor. Only exception is bumper mounting and notching the rear. Notch must be behind the rear axle.
• No shortening frames. Cars with crush boxes must retain factory frame.
• All body to frame bolts must remain stock.
• PRE RUNS ONLY: 4 fix it plates allowed, max size 3” x 3” x 1/8” inch thick per plate. No splitting up or dividing to double plate. Frame damage must be visible.
• Any factory bumper off any car may be used.
• Instead of factory bumper you may run 4” x 4” x 1/4” wall square tubing for bumper. It must be a straight piece, no contours or adding metal. No fabricated bumpers, straight piece of square tubing is all you get. Length of bumper can only be 4” past frame rail on each side.
• All factory plastic skins must be removed.
• If bolting: You may bolt bumper to the frame but nothing excessive. Bumper mounting shall not add strength to the frame.
• If welding: You may weld bumper to the frame but nothing excessive. Bumper mounting shall not add strength to the frame. You are allowed 2 - (2” x 2” x ¼”) angle 3” long to aid in mounting bumper. 1 per side no square tubing, round tubing, etc. ANGLE ONLY!!!
• If chaining: Bumper may be chained to the frame by welding/bolting, using 1/4inch chain, 12inches long max.
• We do not want bumpers falling off. You may change shocks but nothing crazy. Keep them stock as possible. EXP.(NO FULL SIZE CAR SHOCKS WELDED TO FRAME).
• Max bumper height is 20’’ to center, front and rear.
• Any make or model providing same cylinder size is used.
• Motor Mounts: Engine may be secured to the frame by any method as long as it does not strengthen the car in any way! ABSOLUTELY ZERO PROTECTORS!
• Hoods/Trunks may be secured by either chaining, bolted, or wire.
• If chaining: Max of (4) spots. 1/4inch diameter chain max.
• If wired: Max of (4) loops in (4) spots.
• If bolted: Max of (4) spots with 2” angle to angle with 3/8” bolts.
• Hood only: In addition on hood. You may run 2 pieces of 1/2” threaded rod from top of core support through hood with a 3” x 3” washer max.
• 12inch hole is required in hood and trunk for fire suppression.
• Trunk lids can be removed.
• You may “tuck” trunk lids.
• Truck and Hood must be mounted in factory location.
• Suspension must be stock and have travel. If suspension doesn’t travel you will not run.
• Max bumper height is 20inches to center, front and rear.
• Shocks must be stock.
• Coil springs may be wired or tack welded in place. Leaf Springs must remain stock.
• Any tire 13inches or larger is okay. Valve stem protectors are ok.
• Radiators must be clean of antifreeze. Water only is allowed.
• Radiator must remain in stock location with no reinforcements.
• Heater system may be bypassed or removed.
• Transmission cooler must remain under the hood.
Read more: we-crash.proboards.com/thread/70517/lancaster-motor-speedway-july-27th#ixzz5pVzyGLg5