Location Sturgis,KY Date October 12 & 13 $40 FOR WEEKEND PASS $25 PER DAY DRIVERS DO NOT NEED A TICKET VENDORS DO NOT NEED A TICKET 6 & UNDER DO NOT NEED A TICKET EVERYONE ELSE NEEDS A TICKET
CAMPING $100 FOR SPOT WITH WATER & ELECTRIC ALL WEEKEND $20 FOR PRIMITIVE CAMPING (TENT) SHOWER HOUSE PROVIDED ALL CAMP FIRES ARE TO BE CONTAINED AND UP OFF THE GROUND, I'LL GET SOMEONE TO DELIVER WOOD
$10,000 to win METRIC Team event $300 per team 3 on 3 action
Payouts & Tentative Schedule
Friday 3 on 3 Team action Buddy Heat Inspection will start at 8:00 A.M. and end at 5:00 P.M.
Saturday Team Consolation <-- Winner advances to main event Compact (fresh or pre ran) Bonestock Metric/Old Skool pre ran Team Main Event
All one shot deals are $100 entry 10 car Minimum 24 car Maximum
This is a Fall event, PRE RANS ARE OK in all classes except team event
Post by wickedridesinc on Apr 26, 2018 11:35:37 GMT -5
Metric/Old Skool (FRESH CLASS RULES) see bottom of rules for additional plates and wire for pre ran class.
ALL JUDGES DECISIONS ARE FINAL
Only 50% of your car can be painted black! NO ALL BLACK CARS!!!!
BRAND/Model specific RULES
All cars will get 2- 4”x 4”-1/4” plates to use how you see fit. *you may bend them, fold them, etc * they can attach body to frame * You may not use them as a driveline kicker or anything that violates any of the rules below. * if you cut them, the piece you cut you throw away.
Metric GM YOU ARE ALLOWED A 6 x 22x 1/4” THICK ARCH PLATE. MUST BE CENTERED ON THE HUMP AND ON THE WHEEL SIDE OF THE HUMP. DOES NOT HAVE TO BE CONTOURED TO FRAME CAN RUN STRAIGHT ACROSS.
Metric FORD/LINCOLN/MERCURY YOU ARE ALLOWED TO TILT YOUR CARS AT THE CRUSH BOX BY CUTTING THE FLAPs, 8” MAX SPACER AT CORE SUPPORT
Metric MOPAR YOU ARE ALLOWED A 7 LEAF SPRING PACK, 5 CLAMPS, 2” STAGGER ON SPRINGS. YOU MAY ALSO CHANGE YOUR 4 FRONT SUB/K FRAME BOLTS to 1” diameter
1.ANY American made Passenger car or station wagon. (Metric cars are MOST 1977 & UP GM, 1979 & NEWER FORD, MERCURY, CHRYSLER AND 1980 AND NEWER LINCOLNS) IF YOU HAVE MODEL THAT IS IN QUESTION CALL, DO NOT ASSUME! No trucks, Imperials, jeeps, hearses, limousines. 2. Fresh Sedagons are NOT allowed. 3. All glass, side windows, rear windows, headlights and taillights, must be removed before reaching inspection. Rolling down windows is not permitted. 4. All interior seating, 5. Cars must have a seatbelt and working brakes. MANDATORY 6. Battery must be securely fastened and covered in passenger compartment. TWO BATTERIES ARE ALLOWED. 7. Front Windshield Bar is MANDATORY and is limited to a 2” wide x ¼” thick strap, chain, 9 wire loop, 2x2 angle. This can be attached to roof to each side of your distributor cut out area. 8. NO REAR WINDOW BAR
1. 5/8” max diameter body bolts 2. Body spacer is 1” thick by 3” diameter max 3. Trunk/cargo area (center of rear axle to the bumper) may have upto 1” allthread in 4 locations 3a. your trunk all thread may have 2 welded to the side of the frame and 2 through a factory location. 3b. only 4” of your all thread can be welded to the frame and must be a continuous bead down one side only. On your 2 added spots No bending it in a U-shape around the frame or through the side of the frame. 4. core support may have upto 1” diameter all thread
Your locations in the trunk / core support / cargo area can extend through the trunk, roof, deck lid or hood. You may use up to 4” hold down plates.
5. You get 3 (4” plates and 3 nuts to attach each piece of threaded rod) example when going through the trunk you may have a plate/nut on the bottom side of the frame, inside the trunk on top of the frame and a plate/nut on top side of the trunk. You may not have one on the bottom of the trunk to keep it from pushing down. Same with hood and roof areas.
5. The remaining spots that you choose not to extend through the hood, deck lid, roof, trunk area are to use 5/8” diameter bolts, factory size washers, 1” thick spacer between body and frame.
6. NONE of your body mounts may attach to the cage or any part of the cage.
GAS TANKS AND FUEL PUMPS
1. Stock gas tank MUST be removed from original position, All tanks must have a secure cap. A marine tank or fuel cell is strongly recommended. All lines and fitting must be leak proof and meet approval of the track officials. Electric fuel pumps are allowed 2. All lines must be run inside car, not along the frame underneath.
RADIATOR AND CORE SUPPORT 1. Radiator must be in stock position 2. Any automotive type radiator can be used. Aluminum Radiators are LEGAL. 3. No homemade radiators allowed 4. No reserve tanks and no added cooling capacity. 5. One electric fan, mounted to the radiator, may be used. 6. DO NOT MOVE CORE SUPORT 7. Factory condenser or 32” wide by 1/4" thick mesh radiator protector
BODY 1. No body seams may be welded. No metal may be added. 2. No doubling of body panels allowed, no added metal allowed. 3. BODY CREASING IS LIMITED TO REAR QUARTER PANELs, Roof pillars, and TRUNK ONLY 4. Fenders may be bolted together. Max of 10- 3/8” BOLTS ABOVE THE FENDER WELL. 5. Doors may be chained, wired, or welded. on the car body. When welding doors 6in on 6in off all the way around 7. No creasing, welding, doubling of transmission tunnel… if you touch it you will cut it out
1. Drivers Door can be welded SOLID and may have a door plate on outside 2. Passenger door must be welded 6 inches on 6 off. May have a door plate on the inside of door
SUSPENSION 1. A-Arms are allowed to be welded down by using 2 pieces of 2”x2” x 1/4” per arm (1 front & 1 Rear) 2.If you weld anywhere else on A-arm, or use bigger strap than allowed….you will cut it all off and run working suspension. 2. Spring spacers are allowed but nothing allowed above top of spring 3. Tie rods must have factory appearing ends, No heims! You may brace the center tube with angle or pipe. Aftermarket is fine but must have a factory type end! 4. Factory spindle swaps are ok, ford to Chevy etc. GM factory lift spindles are ok (No fabricated spindles or aftermarket hubs) 5. You may Replacement ball joints, screw in or aftermarket are ok 6. You may change A-arms from new style to old style A-arms. Must bolt in factory 7. NO All-Thread Shocks (rear suspension see Rear End section below)
HOODS MUST BE OPEN AT INSPECTION! 1. Hoods must have two (2) holes, at least four (4) inches in diameter on each side of the carburetor. Not directly on top of the carburetor. If the hood is removed, either the fan or fan belt must be removed. 2. Hoods may be secured by 2 pieces of 1” all thread outboard the radiator. Cannot be sleeved. * Meaning spacer/square tube stops at bottom side of core support* 3. You are allowed 10 pieces of double stranded #9 wire across the front of car from bumper to hood/core support. 4. You may have up to 10 (3/8”) bolts to hold the inner and outer hood skins together. 5. Hoods can be held shut with “one” of the following options, A (8) LOCATIONS 2” long pieces of 2” x 2” angle with a single 3/8” bolt thru them B (8) pieces of # 9 wire attaching hood to fender. C. (8) Locations 3/4" diameter max bolts going through hood into inner fender with 2”x2” max washer
TRUNKS 1. You are allowed 10 pieces of double stranded #9 wire from bumper to bottom of trunk lip. 2. You can weld trunks 6 on 6 off like the doors with max 4” wide by ¼ thick 3. You may crease the trunk and quarter panels, and rear pillar. 4. You can have up to 4- 1” pieces of threaded rod through your trunk, but this counts towards your body mount rule.
SAFETY CAGES 1. All cars must have a safety cage and roll over bar. (can be in the doors) 2. A 4-point cage is required 3. Cage can be made out of 4” pipe, 4” square tubing, or 6”x2” box tube MAX. * Your cage must have a dash bar (4” off firewall minimum) * Bar behind driver’s seat * 2 side bars connecting your dash bar to your seat bar. (one per side) Cannot extend past wheel well tubs or firewall. * These are the minimum requirements; your cage is for your safety… not to strengthen the car. NO part of your cage can be a kicker to the frame or any driveline component. 4” gap required. 4. Roll over bar cannot be more than 6” behind driver’s seat. Roll over bar can NOT attach to frame. *Weld or Bolt it to sheet metal only. A 6” x 6” plate may be used in aiding it to be attached to floor sheet metal. Roll over bar can be bolted to roof 5. The cage can be welded to sheet metal only. You can have up to four (4) down posts, two (2) per side. 6. All down tubes must be at or behind the dash bar, straight up and down. Welded to sheet metal only. 7. Gas tank protector 24” WIDE MAX AND MAY BOLT TO THE PACKAGE TRAY WITH 2 (5/8” ) BOLTS 8. You may weld or bolt your roll over bar to the roof in 3 places.
FRAMES 1. No welding, plating, or reinforcing of the frame. 2. All factory frame holes must be left open. 3. Any reinforcing of frame found will result in disqualification. NO Fixing Allowed…You Will Be LOADED! 4. Sub frame cars cannot be tied together. If you want to run a full frame car, buy a full frame car, don’t build one. 5. CORE SUPPORT AND CORE SUPPORT MOUNTING TAB MUST REMAIN IN FACTORY LOCATION. 6. aftermarket steering columns are ok 7. Rear frame rails may not be shortened. 8. NO Frame shaping
BUMPERS 1. Bumpers maybe loaded. Everything inside factory envelope of the bumper. 2. Bumpers may be hardnosed, you may use a piece of 2” square or round stock 6” long as a bumper shock or a factory piece of bumper bracket 6” long. (either way anything beyond the 6” mark gets cut off) * this must attach to the bumper and extend back a maximum of 6” 3. You may do the following to aid in keeping your bumpers attached *Weld 2 straps per frame horn from the bumper to the frame of the car no further than 6” back on to the frame. (maximum strap size 6” long, 3” wide and ¼” thick.) Flat on the sides of the frame, this is to aid in keeping the bumpers on DO NOT ABUSE THIS. 4. Bumpers can be no higher than 26” from the ground to the top of the bumper or lower than 14” from the ground to the bottom of the bumper.
ENGINE AND TRANSMISSION 1. Any engine or transmission may be used in any car, but must be mounted within 6” of the original motor. Engine cannot protrude into the passenger compartment before the race. 2. ENGINE CRADLES ALLOWED 3 No Halos behind carburetor, No Distributor Protectors, No Fabricated Fan shroud) BOP adapters are ok if they meet the size requirement of less than 1” above bell housing bolt pattern. (no spacer, mid plates, or adapters taller than 1” above the bell housing bolt pattern) 4. Aftermarket Motor Mounts are legal, NO Horizontal Bar Mounts welding cradle to frame directly 5. Transmission oil coolers and engine oil coolers are permitted.. 6. Pulley protectors are allowed, but sway bar must be removed or not able to intentionally touch before or after race!! 7. Factory aluminum engine cradles in 2003 and newer cars may NOT be changed. You may run a steel adapter pedestal to mount your engine in the car. This may bolt to the 4 main cradle bolt locations and to the 2 aluminum stations on the factory cradle. It may run from passenger rail to driver rail with a max of 8” wide and ½” material thickness. See attached image 8. HOMEMADE Gas Pedals and Shifters Are allowed, but may not reinforce the car in anyway. 9. OEM cross member or 2x2 square/ round tube. *1 single crossmember for all model cars 10. May weld a piece of 3x3x6 angle to frame to aid in attaching cross member 11. Transmission modifications -Steel bells and steel tails are ok 12. Aftermarket transmission brace is ok, if making homemade it must be same size and design as approved aftermarket ones. (mounting point to crossmember is limited to the width of the nerat tail housing mounts or 6” wide) Plated transmission pan is ok, and can attach to pan and bell.
REAR END (leaf spring rules apply only to factory equipped cars / coil suspension rules apply to only those factory equipped) 1. Any automotive or aftermarket rear end 2. Slider drive shaft is permitted. 3. You may have five (5) spring clamps per spring. Maximum 1" wide 1/4 thick 4. ZTR style brackets are legal, but must use factory trailing arms to mount rear end. If bolted through package tray, sheet metal must be cut around washer. (so it isn’t adding a body mount) 5. If you shorten the trailing arms. Minimum overlap and weld. No doubling or reinforced trailing arms. 6. You may chain or wire your axle to the frame hump. (2 CHAIN LINKS WELDED TO FRAME MAX) *NO OPENING CHAIN LINKS TO GAIN LENGTH* 7. Rear leaf springs must remain factory thickness and width per leaf * you may have up to 8 springs with 2” stagger, no doubling main leafs. * 5 clamps total per pack ( can be homemade 1” wide ¼” strapping) * ½ diameter max u bolts, 4 total. 8. Coil springs maybe doubled or swap fronts to rear or vice versa.
TIRES 1. Any Tires black and round. 2. No wheel modifications on the outside of the wheel. When viewing from the stands it must appear as a stock wheel. All mods must be on the brake drum or axle side of the rim. I.E beadlocks or weld in centers 3. NO valve stem protectors. (drill it on back side of the rim) Pre-Ran class additional rules. 1. You can have 6 fix it plates on pre ran cars 4”x4”-1/4” 2. Fresh cars running a pre ran rules class. You get 4 fix it plates 4”x4”-1/4” 3. You can have 4 locations of #9 wire from the cage to the frame 4. You get 10 locations of wire from sheet metal to sheet metal. 5. Any other repairs must be approved by the inspection tech group.
If it doesn’t say you can do it, don’t assume that you can.
ASK first or don’t do it! Everybody needs to read and re-read these rules. If you are found to be over built for these rules, you will be given 2 options. A. CUT OR REMOVE ILLEGAL PARTS. B. LOAD ON TRAILER AND GO HOME. Either way you will NOT RECEIVE A REFUND.
Post by wickedridesinc on Apr 26, 2018 11:36:54 GMT -5
80 & up Bone Stock Rules: (copy and paste of DI bonestock with the following: 2x2 a-arm straps, and front plate engine cradle with factory oem motor mounts) 3 day fun build with a good payout!
DO NOT READ ANYTHING INTO THESE RULES, JUST READ THE RULES!! If it doesn't say you can, YOU CAN'T! Or you will be loaded, your choice! NO black cars, dark cars must have contrasting letter/numbers. DO NOT paint anywhere on suspension or frame, we will not even inspect your car. - 80 & up - Body component must be direct bolt up only.Must be factory hardware or equivalent in size - Remove all glass mirrors and plastic. Remove all decking in wagons -Vehicles must be swept clean of all debris - No sedagons, ZERO crease enhancement, ZERO sheet metal or frame shaping, forming or folding. - Deck and Hood must be 100% in stock location and open for inspection. After inspection you may tuck trunk with a single 90 degree bend. - Anything can be removed, NOTHING can be added
- Fasten trunks, hoods, tail gates in 4 places, 2 strands of #9 wire, you may weld doors 6 inches total on each vertical seam only. Drivers door may be welded 12 inches total on vertical seams only. 2” x 1/8” strap. Do not weld hood or trunk, except 4-1/2" tack welds per washer 1"washers max
-BODYMOUNTS you may add 3" of rubber for core support spacer - if you choose to change ur core support mounts with 2 of ur threaded rod you get 3 plates1/4 thick 5x5 max OD 7 5/8 nuts 7 3"OD max 1/8 thick washers per threaded rod CORE SUPPORT ONLY Body mounts and spacers to remain stock and in place.DO NOT EVEN TOUCH THEM Exception, You may change a total of 6 body bolts out, with 5/8" threaded rod 24"long max with 3 nuts, 3 5/8 store bought washers and 3 5x5 1/4" thick plates per rod. Must be straight vertical rod only, no bends or angle pieces. Must have 1 inch rubber or metal spacer no larger than stock body pucks and all bottom nuts must be inside frame. If they are broken or rusted out, a single piece #9 wire may be substituted. ZERO welding allowed to mount this rod. Rusted out body bolts may be removed and replaced with a single strand of #9 wire. - #9 wire or chain required in front windshield.
- You may dimple your rear frame rails - NO welding on frames allowed.
- SUSPENSION - you may use 2”x2” straps to hold upper a-arms down. 2 per upper a-arm. - you may change coil springs to a stiffer oem passenger car spring. Front springs in the front.Rear in the rear no swapping locations. - All suspension must remain stock. ZERO aftermarket parts. -Rear control arms may be changed but must be stock NO SHORTING %100 stock - You may use (store bought spring spacers, no homemade no spacers on top of the springs) - You may you a single strand #9 wire to hold coil spring to rear end and leaf sprung cars may use 4 single strands #9 wire as leaf clamps.
- (2) 3/8 threaded rod two 3"wide straps bolted to core support with (2) 3/8 bolts per strap to hold radiator in. - ANY drivetrain & transmission (manuals allowed no aftermarket bellhousings OEM only ) allowed with the following criteria. - No pinion brakes - Only the lower stock engine mounts may be welded to cradle only. You may use two 1/2" thick 6x6 spacers to raise engine. If you need more than 1/2 to raise engine to clear steering components, may not exceed rubber mount area. You may extend off back of cradle but nothing excessive, 1/2" flat plate only(example SBC in Caddy, Mopar) - No tranny protectors, stock mounting only, stock cross members only. - May use 2’’x 3’’x 6’’1/4 angle or 2x2 square tube. . If relocating (2- ½ bolts per side to mount to frame or weld to the side of frame - You may weld rear end gears only. - Rear end swaps allowed, no bracing, no welding, no re-enforcement unless specified. Max axle size 31 spline, Ford, GM or Mopar Clarification: All must be factory axles(cast flanges) and rear ends, we will allow you to weld factory brackets on rearend to mount any 5 lug passenger rearend. No added metal, do not weld tubes to center section or anywhere else, no bracing outside or inside. C-clip to Bolt-in mods allowed, no extra metal. All mods must be on rearend, nothing allowed on frame or body. - All money winners will have to load on trailer, and pull axles before payout, we will check inside of tubes at this time. - You may run 1 spot of #9 from rear end to frame per side, nothing thru body. 4 loops, 8 strands together in center twist only. - Floor shifters allowed, headers allowed, gas pedals and brakes, Clarification: none may strengthen car. 6x 5/8" max bolts and 3" washer max.Clutch pedal may be mounted to dash bar only. - No engine cradles, skid plates, protectors of any kind, and no aftermarket parts of this nature at all. -If u run an LS you may use conversion brackets 3/16 max thickness no gussets. to except an old style rubber frame mount. Plz call. - You may run the chevy to ford engine mounts 3/16 max thickness no gussets. 3 PLATE DESIGN PLZ CALL - You may have 2-5/16 chains 1- per side attached from block or headers to engine frame mount not to frame or cradle nothing excessive only for safety - You may swap engines, ie.. Chevy in a Ford. - Slip shafts allowed at all shows.
-DRIVERS COMPARTMENT : - 4 point square cage only, (1) down tube in the center of each front door welded to sheet metal only nothing to the frame. max 60 inch cage over all measurement. 6 inch max, Must be mounted horizontally and 6 inches off floor. Gussets only in interior of 4 point cage. - Halo bar allowed (2)1/2 bolts with 1/2 washers to attach to roof, only to the back seat bar or sidebars, not to floor. Gas tank mount may be welded to back bar but must be 6 inches from rear sheet metal. - Drivers door must be padded. - Gas tank and single battery must be moved and secured. Tank behind the seat, Battery centered in the passenger front floor. - Nothing may be mounted in a way that strengthens the car. - Trans coolers allowed. Must be mounted inside 4 point cage area. Or on cage must be tight to cage if mounted on back bar.
Bumpers: - you may weld rear bumper strait to frame or fallow the rules for the front bumper if using a shock. - You may weld on any DI approved bumper(see below), you may weld bumper bracket(in factory location) to frame 4 inches from the back of bumper, , in addition you may put 4 one inch welds on back side of bumper bracket or to weld shock inside frame(example Crown Vics). - You may shorten 80 and newer fords up to an inch in front of the core support mount you may also be hard nosed Changes to our 2018 Small bead ring allowed on rims Engine cradles may only be plated on topside only. Bone stock rearends may be modified. You may run a lower cradle and front engine plate, but must run an oem motor mount from the parts store. (no chains or poly mounts.)
- Or you may chain, 2 piece of chain per side BOLTED from the mount to mount to hold on the bumper. - Any approved DI tire, Brakes MUST work. Only welding allowed is doors, bumper, engine mount, cage and rear end gears! This build should only take 3 days, if you spend more than that you are overbuilt for this class and will not run!
If you call me on these, the answer is most likely NO! Simple rules, simple build, keep it that way. Again do not get "creative" or read into these rules, let’s get back to the basics. If it is not clearly described above, it is not allowed.
Post by wickedridesinc on Apr 26, 2018 11:37:37 GMT -5
Co-Pilot 2 Man Teams Driver Passenger State Car # 1 Hunter Braden Derek Endicott Illinois 23B 2 Joseph Hicks Justin Buckman Kentucky 311 & 81D 3 Darren Corder Andy Boiaroff Pa 25D 4 Kirby Manuel Travis Rhodes IL 72 5 Greg Gerber Willie Grubb In G92 6 Michael Holmes Max Parish Ky 42 7 Corey Parrish Matt Lancaster Kentucky 6047 8 Thomas Wilson Jesse Morris Ky 60000 9 Mike Evrley Travis Beard illinois 2988b 10 Corey Alvey Devon Cravens INDIANA CD1727 11 Dusty Drew Chad Upton Indiana Drew102 12 Michael Nave James Nave TN 95 13 Tristin Baize Mike Harris IN T22 / 57 14 Tyler Blakely Jonathan Krauss Ky 93 15 Brad Doublin Austin Doublin Ky 7 16 Colby Dimmett Kelly Ingle Indiana 69
Post by wickedridesinc on Apr 26, 2018 11:37:54 GMT -5
Bone Stock Driver State Car # Passenger 1 Clinton Bozarth Illinois 01 G L 2 Nathan Hohl Indiana 437 3 Aaron Butcher IN 114 4 Stan Phillips In 8-up 5 kevin hayes IL H07 6 Richard Mills IL M17 7 Byron Adams Illinois 18 8 Paul Haase 11 18 9 Johnathan Graves Kentucky 2 10 Trent Lancel Illinois 96 11 Dusty Waid Kentucky 902 12 Logan Sorensen Mi 5 13 Zack Kellermeier Illinois 77 14 Trevor (Richard) Pedtke. (Ramer) Illinois (Alaska) 23T 15 Dustin Penny Mo 16 Austin Gregory Ky 131 17 Steven Gregory Ky 197
Compacts Driver State Car # Passenger 1 Dustin Telford Tn 113 2 Zack Krebs Wi Z-13 3 Zack Krebs Wi Z-13 4 Jonathon Painter Kentucky 17 5 Trent Smith Tn 149 6 Clutch Marles Indiana 7 7 Jason Swaw Tn 49 8 Shawn Smith Tn 41 9 Devon Cravens Indiana 10 Willie Grubb Indiana