Post by robertsoncountyfair on Jul 5, 2017 9:19:02 GMT -5
The Robertson County Fair Association will be having its fair demolition derby on August 26th at 7 p.m. at the Robertson County Fair Grounds in Springfield Tennessee. Power wheels for kids ten and under is free with paid admission to the fair (must have own power wheel and some sort of helmet to participate).
Big car entry fee is $40, and mini cars are $20 (all decisions are final no refunds). Fair admission/gate admission is $12.00 driver + 1, and release waiver must be signed (mandatory) if entering in the pit area.
All drivers must sign release waiver to drive, and if under the age of eighteen must have parent or legal guardians signature.
This is an A&C DEMOS show. For any questions on car building on big cars or minis new or pre-ran please contact- Eric Adkins 270-316-8171 or John Creek 812-664-0078. Or you can visit the A&C demos Facebook page for more info.
General questions about sponsorship or the derby itself please contact Daniel Pope 615-405-8631 text is preferred.
Address to the fairgrounds-
4635 Highway 41 North
Big Cars 80's Up Stock
Trophies will be presented to 1st-3rd in each class.
2017 SPRINGFIELD, TN Fair 80's Stock
1. Any 80 & newer full size sedan or wagon car must be striped clean
2. Any motor & trans in any car, motor must be mounted in stock location, no metal added
3. Factory cross member must be used, you may move cross member to accommodate transmission no more than 4 in'' of weld on mounting tabs
4. You may wire or chain transmissions mount (DO NOT GET CREATIVE this is to hold trans to cross member only
5. You may use #9 wire to hold motor in must be to an existing bolt at the a-arm no more than 3 strands of wire
6. You may use shifter of choice, but it cannot be used to strengthen the car in any way
7. A 4 bar cage is allowed no bigger than 4" the cage will consist of dash bar,2 door bars and a rear seat bar, seat bar cannot be further than 6" past B pillar, all cage components must be mounted at least 6" off floor boards.
8. If you choose not to run a 4 bar cage you must have a back seat bar
9. You may have a roll over bar max. size 4" must be mounted to back seat bar or door bars no mounting to floor boards must be straight up and down
10. You may weld drivers door 6 on 6 off with 3x6 plates no thicker than 1/4
11. The drivers door is the only door that can be welded all other doors must be wired or chained in 10 spots max 3 strands of #9 wire or 3/8 chain
12. If you choose not to weld drivers door you must have a door plate mounted on outter skin this plate must be at least 6" wide and no more than 4" of overlap on fender and rear door
13. Factory gas tank must be removed and either a fuel cell or boat tank must be mounted in back seat area, tank must be mounted securely if I can move it you will not run until its fixed, fuel line must be ran inside of car, absolutely no gas tank protectors
14. Battery must be moved to passenger compartment and mounted securely, cannot strengthen car in anyway
15. Factory steering column must be used, you may replace the rag joint and bolt or use a knuckle
16. Factory body bolts must remain in place, no changing body bolts if broke 2 strands #9 wire max
17. All suspension must remain factory; no new ball joints, tie rods etc.
18. OEM rear ends only 5 lug no rear end braces, you may weld spider gears
19. Any factory OEM bumper is allowed, no reinforcing bumpers, you may weld bumpers to shocks, you may also collapse shocks and weld shock tube half way around the tube shock must be mounted in factory bolt location. No hard nosing of bumpers
20. Maximum bumper height to bottom of bumpers 20" car must bounce with ease front and rear
21. Radiator must be mounted in factory location, you may mount radiator in 4 spots, factory condenser may be used mounted in same manner
22. #9 wire in front windshield area is mandatory 3 strands max,#9 wire only in this location
23. Hoods may be secured in 6 spots with #9 wire 3 strands max. you may also run an additional two spots in front thru hood/core support to front bumper. You may add a 3” core support spacer, cannot be welded. May also run 5/8 althread through the core support up through the hood.
24. Trunk may be secured in 8 spots with #9 wire 3 stands max. with an additional two spots to rear bumper 3 strands max
25. You may notch or dimple rear frame rails, no pre-bending allowed
26. Any 14" or 15" tire allowed no beadlocks or rim protectors
27. Absolutely NO BODY CREASING ALLOWED
28. NO CRADLES
29. NO TRANSMISSION BRACES
30. NO DISTRIBUTOR PROTECTORS
31. NO PATCHING OF RUST
This is a windshield stock class with the intention of a quick build. DO NOT LOOK FOR ANY GREY ARES if car is built outside of rules you will not run!
2017 Mini Car Preparation and Build
1. Wheelbase must not exceed 102” for RWD cars and 108” for FWD uni-body cars only. NO EXCEPTIONS.
2. No shortening “snubbing” of frames- front or back. No moving of axles to shorten wheel base.
3. Must be powered by four or six cylinder engines. NO V8s.
4. NO LEAFING MINI CARS- ex. (No adding of extra leafs to existing leafs. No coil to leaf spring conversions). No four-wheel drive vehicles.
5. NO HUMP PLATES
6. Stock gas tank MUST be removed. Gas tanks must be relocated behind driver’s seat, securely fastened and covered. Any visible leaking fuel will result in automatic disqualification. All plastic tanks must be in a steel enclosure. However, it cannot be bolted to strengthen the car.
7. All glass, chrome molding, hood latches, gas tanks, and rear seats must be removed before cars arrive at the fairgrounds.
8. Stock type hood must be used. Hoods must be open for inspection-and cannot be bent down in front of radiator. Hoods can be secured in 6 places with 2” by 2” x ¼ angle (NO longer than 6” with 3/8th bolts) or #9 wire in 6 places. You may use 1” all thread only in core support with 3” max spacer, but this will count as 2 of your 6 places! The factory rubber bushing between the sub-frame and frame must remain using the 1” all thread.
9. THE DRIVERS SIDE SEAT BELT MUST BE IN WORKING ORDER.
10. Radiators must stay in original location and can be wired on all four corners. You may run electric fan. Factory condensers only and they may be wired in, not welded.
11. Batteries must be moved to the passenger’s side floor board. The battery box cannot strengthen the car in any way. NO more than 2 batteries
12. No welding on frames or seams. This will be checked. No plated frames.
13. Cutting the ends off bumpers and fenders for clearance is permitted.
14. All cars must sit level within 5” with no car sitting lowers than 16” from the bottom of the bumpers or higher than 21” from the bottom of the bumpers.
15. Sunroofs must be covered, no exceptions.
16. CAGE or DRIVERS DOOR BAR IS MANDATORY!!! A welded 4-point cage can be put around driver’s compartment. It has to be no bigger than 4” x 6” inches and can be welded to car but not excessively. The front bar has to be 5” from the firewall and tunnel. Back cage bar no further back than 12”s past driver/passenger door posts. NO KICKERS AT ALL OF ANY KIND (OUTER, INNER, DOWN, OR UP)! Roll over bars are mandatory! Roll over bar must be straight up and down. Gas tank can sit on or in a steel protector coming off the back cage bar but not touch any sheet metal. Must be “floating”. Gas tank protector size cannot exceed more than 2” in length or width of standard fuel cell/gas tank. Standard Size fuel cell measurements are: 12" long x 10" wide so add 2”s to each and that will be recommended size. NO EXCESSIVE PROTECTOR!!
17. Motor swaps and rear end swaps are allowed. Slip shafts are allowed.
18. No protectors at all.
19. You can use aftermarket steering column, after market tie rods. Front sway bar cannot be welded.
20. Transmission coolers or oil coolers are allowed. No transmission protectors at all.
21. Any year factory bumpers which can be welded are allowed. Loaded factory bumpers or homemade (McCollum/DEC type) bumpers are allowed, but no extreme pointed bumpers, you will either cut the extreme point off or grind it down. Homemade bumper ends must be capped. If your using homemade bumper, no sharp points on end of bumpers. No I beam bumpers. C channel bumpers must have the c part facing inwards towards car.
22. Homemade bumper shocks are allowed and cannot exceed 12” in length and must be inside frame. Homemade bumper shocks must be tubing (square, round or rectangular). 1 piece of tubing, no doubling/stacking of tubing. 3" tubing max. Bumper shocks will be measured from back of bumper where the shocks are mounted/bolted/welded! No added bolts through bumper shock and frame! If the bumper shocks came factory mounted on the outside of frame, you can leave the factory shock bolted and it cannot be welded to side of the frame. If you chose to run the factory mounted shock on outside of frame; bumper can only be welded to the mounting plate of stock shock and the mounting plate welded to the front of frame. You cannot substitute factory mounted outside stock shock for tubing!
23. Doors and trunk seams can be welded solid using no bigger than 3" strapping by 1/8th inch thick material. No re-enforcing body panels. Trunk must have open 12” hole to see inside. Body creasing and pre-bending is allowed. No wedge cars, quarter panels must remain up. 1 window bar is allowed from top of roof, not to exceed 6" from back glass and down to trunk but not to exceed 6" from back of speaker deck. Back window bar cannot touch rollover bar. This is for safety only!
24. NO WELDING except bumpers, door/trunk seam and motor mounts or for preran patch plates.
PRERAN cars are allowed patch plates; on uni- body (frame) of car only. Must be visibly bent or broke. Allowing only 4 plates total: 3"x5" plates 1/8" thick. Plates cannot touch one another and must have 1/2" gap between welds. If you abuse this rule everyone will lose this rule!!
In clarification of the Crush Boxes: you can only cut the crush box off the front of the car (the first 2-3”) and weld the bumper on. Nothing can be cut or welded behind core support. This is to only aid in helping mount bumper to car! You can add a small 2-3” wide strap 5” long (max 1/8”) from top of bumper to top of frame, strap cannot go behind core support!!