Post by Skinny Pedal Promotions on Jan 11, 2016 12:43:17 GMT -5
OK Everyone! Now that 2016 is here, we are happy to annouce the first show of the year! We will be at Crawford County in Marengo IN again on April 23rd. The main class will again be the Stock Big Car class (Minimum $1500 to win, plus Mad Dog awards). We are also excited to announce that we are adding a KICKER class, Will also have the stock Mini Class. Also we will have lawn lowers, and Power Wheels for the kids again!! there are a few rule changes for 2016 in the stock class (very minor, and more of clarifications rather than changes.) Spread the word!! we had a great turnout last year, with some great drivers, and great prizes given out, and hope to top it this year!! I will start pinning the rules to the top of the page here. feel free to share away!!
Any questions, feel free to contact myself here or phone 812-653-1327, Joe @ 812-653-8543, or Cody @ 812-653-0605
Post by Skinny Pedal Promotions on Jan 11, 2016 12:43:59 GMT -5
2016 Stock Rules! $1500 to Win Guarentee Minumum!
1. Entry Fee $45.00 per car pre entry. Entry fee admits car and driver.
2. No one allowed in the pit area without a pit pass. Pit passes will be sold at the car entry gate.
4. The heats will be determined by random drawing during the drivers meeting.
5. Any year model passenger cars only. No Ambulances, Hearses, Limousines or Checker Cabs. imperials 1974 or after are ok.
6. No hitting in the driver’s door. THIS RULE WILL BE STRICKLY ENFORCED! Accidents do happen but there must be evidence of trying to avoid the collision. The driver’s door cannot be used as a shield. Violation l fill out an entry form and sign insurance form to participate.
Men and Women will run in same class. NO Powder Puff
You must be 16 years old to compete with a valid drivers license or valid ISSUED I.D. card from the state of your residence. (do not forget your I.D. or you will not run)
DRIVERS MUST WEAR HELMET, EYE PROTECTION, LONG SLEEVES, PANTS, & SHOES TO PARTICIPATE. (NO SHORTS, T-SHIRTS, SANDLES, ECT.) GLOVES & FIRE SUIT ARE RECOMMENDED
NO DRIVERS OR PIT CREW MEMBERS WILL BE ALLOWED TO BE UNDER THE INFLUENCE OF ANY ALCOHOLIC BEVERAGES OR ILLEGAL DRUGS.
DO NOT COME TO THIS SHOW INTOXICATED OR WITH ANY ALCOHOLIC BEVERAGES.
YOU WILL BE ARRESTED AND PROSECUTED, ALL ALCOHOL WILL BE CONFISCATED, COOLERS WILL BE CHECKED.
Entry fee is none-fundable if your car does not pass inspection.
All drivers must attend drivers meeting before show starts.
Cars Are To Be Built As Close To Stock rules As Possible. If Your Car Is Overbuilt You Will Be Moved To Pro-Mod/Kicker Heat! DO NOT READ ANYTHING INTO THESE RULES! IF IT DOES NOT SAY YOU CANT DO SOMETHING, DO NOT ASSUME THAT YOU CAN! IF YOU DO, BE PREPARED TO CUT AT THE TRACK!! ASK BEFORE ASSUMING!!
1. Interior, Glass, Lights, Seats, Ect. Must Be Removed From All Cars Prior To Arrival Of Track.
2. Body bolts must be factory with the four in the trunk area can be mounted solid with no spacer. No bigger than 5/8 bolt, 3" diameter washer. DO NOT TOUCH THE REST OF THE BODY MOUNTS.
3. The core support may be bolted with an after market bolt or all thread (1" Max) and a spacer, under core support, that is Not to exceed 4 inches in height (no bigger then 2 inch square tubing)
4. No sedagoning of wagons.
5. Fenders may be bolted together. Max of 10 3/8” BOLTS ABOVE THE FENDER WELL. Nuts/washers can not be welded!
6. Doors can be Wired, Chained (Max 3 points of wire/chain per sem) or Welded (welded in a 6 on, 6 off fashion. Do not over due!) Choose only one method!
1. There is to be no welding on the frame for any reason (except for seams only A-frames forward. This is single pass 1/2" wide on seam only, only in front of A Arm. nothing around or behind A arm).
2. Frames can be notched. No rewelding of notch.
3. You will be allowed 4-4x6 1/4" bandaids on preran bent or damaged cars. 4 PLATES MAX! If you show up with more than 4, 100% will have to be cut off to run. not just an "X" or Slice.
4. NO COLD BENDING OR TILTING.
5. No hump plates
6. No Frame Creasing!!
1. No wedging of the rear of the cars. Quarter panels must be vertical.
2. You May either use #9 Wire Or Chain In 8 Spots On Trunk lid. 1" hardware washer can be welded to body to prevent ripping. OR 6 pieces of 1" angle iron, 2" long, welded back to back, using 2 3/8 bolts per piece of angle. CHOOSE ONE METHOD ONLY!
3. You Must Have A 12 Inch Inspection Hole In The Trunk If You Have Already Secured It Down
4. No rear window bar.
1. Factory Style Bumpers/Shocks/Brackets Must Match Car Manufacture.
2. You are allowed to EITHER weld bumper to factory bumper shock, single pass OR hardnose directly to the frame. If you hardnose, no adition shock can be put inside the frame. (frame can be trimmed back to allow mounting. MAX 3" can be cut off, but can NOT move factory core support mount.)
3. You May Load Your Front Bumper or use a homeade front bumper. NO EXTREME POINTS!!
4. You May Have Two Pieces Of #9 Wire From The Core Support To The Bumper.
5. No Home Made Shocks Or Brackets Allowed.
6. No Home Made V-Type Bumpers.
7. Do Not Remove Bumper Brackets And Relocate, Stock Position Or Cut Off!
1. Hood May Be Secured By a total of 6 spots, in the manner: #9 wire in 6 spots, OR (front) 2 bolts / all thread coming up thru core support, (middle) 2 peices of 2x2 angle iron welded on fender / hood, with one single bolt thru both pieces of angle, and (rear) EITHER factory hinges, OR same 2x2 angle as in the middle. A TOTAL OF 6 SPOTS ONLY!!
2. 4 pieces of #9 wire from core support to bumper is allowed.
Any Tire Can Be Used Except For Studded Or Split Rims. VALVE STEM PROTECTORS are NOT allowed. Round and black. Foam filled, doubled are OK.
A 4 point style cage is allowed. Cage can be no larger than 4" tubing. Front dash bar MUST be 4" away from firewall. Rear bar must be no farther than 6" behind front door seem. Side bars can ONLY connect to front and rear bar. Down legs (kickers) must be directly straight down NO ANGLE WHATSOEVER! Front kickers must be vertical, to body, or top of side rail only. Rear kickers must be on body, or top side of frame only.
Roll over bar must be vertical, not angled at all. Welded only to rear bar of cage. A roll over bar is strongly recomended for saftey.
At least a 4 point cage is MANDATORY.
No gas tank protectors. a gas tank holder is allowed to welded off of the rear cage bar, but must be 10" away from rear firewall. No bigger than the tank it is holding.
ENGINES AND TRANSMISSIONS:
1. Any Engine Transmission Swap Is Allowed In Any Car Set Up.
2. If You Have Any Protectors On Engine Or Transmission They Cannot Reinforce The Car Body Or Frame In Any Way.
3. Aftermarket Engine Mounts Are Allowed, They Can Be Bolted Or Welded Into Place.
4. If You Have A Distributor Protector A Hole In The Dash Area Must Be Totally Cut Out From Top To The Bottom. Wiper cowl must be cut. NO EXCEPTIONS!!
5. Absolutley no transmission protectors at all! No Mid plates!
6. Radiators Must Remain In Stock Location With No Reinforcement.
7. TRANSMISSION COOLERS ARE ALLOWED IN THE PASSENGER COMPARTMENT.
8. Engine cradles are allowed for mounting purposes only. If cradle has pulley protector, sway bar MUST be cut out.
1. Any rear end is allow. 8 lug are OK.
2. No excessive bracing! simple back bone is fine. Nothing that reiforces frame in anyway.
3. Slider drive shaft are ok.
4.Watts link conversions are OK
1. Suspension must remain stock!
2. No welding of A Arms. A sinlge bolt to gain heigth is ok, but must not be all the way tight.
3. No conversion of leaf springs of coil sprung cars.
4. Leaf sprung cars must use factory leaf packs. no flat stacking!!
5. Tie rods must have factory appearing ends, No heims! You may brace the center tube with angle or pipe. Aftermarket is fine but must have a factory type end.
AFTERMARKET OR HOMEMADE TRANSMISSION SHIFTERS AND GAS PEDALS ARE ALLOWED.
Aftermarket steering columns are allowed (no more then one knuckle). You can lower stock style steering columns and add a knuckle.
A 1/2 bar / pipe or #9 wire from window area to roof is MANDATORY! No exceptions.
BATTERIES MUST BE COVERED!
NO PLASTIC GAS TANKS!
Post by Skinny Pedal Promotions on Mar 15, 2016 7:04:30 GMT -5
100% chance of rain again I hope??
We sure hope not, be nice to have a demo at the Crawford Fairgrounds on a nice sunny day for once!