Post by Powerhouse Promotions on Nov 13, 2013 11:57:24 GMT -5
Powerhouse Promotions presents ''old school simi stock demolition derby''
pre enter only $60 driver and car.
$25 passanger can be payed doay of show.
PRE ENTER $60 driver and car.
Anyone not pre entered will have to pay $75 day of show.
1st place $2,000 2nd place $600 3rd place $300 MADDOG $100
trophy's will also be awarded to winners.
Looks like we are going to add both MOD MINI and OUTLAW classes 100% payback. $75 entry fee. $25 passangers Let me know if you want in, would like to see at least 10 entries in each class. Cars will be inspected with a 5ft rule. line up will look something like this:
Old school s/s class heat 1 heat 2 heat 3 (depending on car count) mod mini old school consi outlaw old school feature
will be held at the gibson co. fair grounds gates open at 10am for inspection. show starts at 1pm.
Send entry fee to : Cody Boger or Tim Griggs
POWERHOUSE PROMOTIONS 1627 N 11TH ST Vincennes IN. 47591
1. Hank Paulson * 2. Aaron Dreiman * 3. Jim Schweikarth * 4. Josh Donnoe * 5. Aaron Malott * 6. Caleb Harington * 7. Jacob Williams * 8. Shawn Robinson * 9. Mikey Harrell * 10. Andy Harris * 11. Charlie Harris * 12. Travor Jones * 13. Luke Worland * 14. Dusty Drew * 15. Gary Miller * 16. Tyson Williams * 17. Jake Chambliss * 18. Chad Crawford * 19. Clayton Kelly * 20. Blake Burch * 21. Jason Reynolds * 22. Orvill Engler * 23. Brandon Engler * 24. Aaron Butcher * 25. Sam Tackett * 26. Justin Sama * 27. Casey Kennedy * 28. Brian Spinks * 29. Richard white * 30. Corey Alvey * 31. Aaron Harper * 32. Lonnie Howe * 33. Colton Woods *
Post by Powerhouse Promotions on Nov 13, 2013 12:03:55 GMT -5
Powerhouse Promotions Rules 2014 Final!!!
Old School semi stock class
GENERAL RULES:1. THESE RULES ARE A GUIDELINE THAT SPECIFIES WHAT WE WILL ALLOW, IT DOES NOT SPECIFY WHAT WE WILL NOT plug i ALLOW. IF NOT LISTED HERE, CALL BEFORE YOU DO IT. DO NOT COME UP TO US AT THE DERBY AND ASK US TO SHOW YOU IN THE RULES WHERE IT STATES THAT BECAUSE IT DOESN’T NEED TO. CALL FIRST!!!
2. Must have a valid driver's license. If you’re under 18, you must have a signed consent form from a parent/legal guardian.
3. There is NO ALCOHOL allowed in the park. Coolers will be inspected! You WILL forfeit any alcohol found and will lose it!
4. DOT approved helmet MUST be worn while on the track. Eye Protection is required.
5. Car must have working seat belts for the driver & passenger & must be worn during the heat.
6. An idle zone will be strictly enforced in ALL areas of the pits. Violators will be subject to grounds removal or arrest.
7. If you are using a torch, you must have a fire extinguisher with you.
8. NO team driving & NO sandbagging! – If you don’t know what this is, you shouldn’t be in a car.
9. Must make contact within 60 seconds if you are having mechanical problems or hung up, otherwise, you must make AGGRESSIVE contact!!! We use our own discretion for this rule. If a driver is really hitting well, he may get more time, if a driver is love tapping, he may get less.
10. 1 warning for driver’s door contact, 2nd time you are eliminated! Same rule goes for passenger door if there is a passenger.
11. 1 fire is allowed in the engine compartment, second fire you are disqualified. 1 fire in passenger compartment and you will be disqualified. If a door comes open you are disqualified. You may return in the consolation heat.
12. NO fighting will be tolerated and may result in automatic ejection and possible arrest!
13. No refunds. If you are caught cheating, you get NOTHING back, so don’t ask!!!
14. Drivers will be assigned heats as they enter in a predetermined pattern that varies show to show.
15. NO vehicles allowed in the pits except the derby car and the truck pulling the car.
16. Please take all scrap with you! All items (including vehicles).
17. Nobody on the track except the drivers, passengers, officials, and emergency personnel. NO EXCEPTIONS!
18. ALL drivers & passengers must attend the drivers meeting – ANY controversies must be brought up at the drivers meeting or not at all!
19. Cars MUST be painted tastefully! No PROFANITY or OFFENSIVE material allowed on the car, including numbers!!! This IS a family show!
20. THE FINAL 5 FEATURE WINNERS MAY BE FULLY INSPECTED AFTER THE SHOW BY THE OFFICIALS! We reserve the right to cut or drill anything in question. Failure to allow this will result in disqualification.
21. Driver qualifies, not the car. The driver registered must remain the driver all night unless approved by the officials.
22. NEW PROTEST FEE: $100 TO PROTEST A CAR. Only other drivers from that particular derby are able to protest a car & the driver MUST have the cash in hand in order to protest. At the time of protest, BOTH the protested car AND the car owned by the protester WILL be re-inspected. The ONLY people that may be present during the re-inspection of the protested car is the inspection crew, the driver of the protested car & the protester. NO other people may be within 50’ of the re-inspection. If the car passes the inspection, the “protested” driver will receive $25 of the protest fee.
23. All drivers' must keep their hands inside the car at all times! If we see you driving with your hand on your door we will stop the race once, next time you're out. We want everyone to leave with all the body parts they came with!
24. Intentional roll overs will not be tolerated.
25. Halo/ rollover bars are required
1. Any year car… No Imperials or imperial subs,no jeeps,no limos, no hearses
2. All glass, plastic, chrome, wheel weights, and loose debris must be removed from the car.
3. The stock gas tank MUST be removed. All chrome must be removed. All wheel weights MUST be removed.
4. Drive train: Any motor / transmission /drive shaft,'' Including sliders''/car rearend, in any car. No extra engine cooling devices. We will allow 1 transmission cooler. Transmission coolers must be near floor level or contained. Steel or high pressure lines only. No antifreeze allowed .No Skid plates are allowed for your motor or transmission. NO Distributor protectors or pulley protector NO transmission brace. We will allow engine cradles only. Engines must be mounted with the #1 spark plug being lined up with the ball joint, no farther back! Engine mounting chains may be bolted or welded but only to engine cradle. Electronic fuel pumps must have a shut off switch. Rear-ends must be of CAR origin only, no floater or truck types. Any factory model rear-end allowed. Rear end control arms may be not be modified, strengthened & reinforced in any way, cross member can be bolted or welded but must be a stock cross member , no homemade cross members aloud.
5. Body: You can patch rust holes in sheet metal with sheet metal of same thickness only! Do not cut rust out-weld 2" beyond rust. Body creasing allowed , No body panel doubling! No weld stacking or filler on body (except the doors seams.) You may add 8 bolts 7/16 max to each fender and quarters to keep body panels together. 20 bolts max in the hood and trunk lid.
6. Safety Cage: Cage must be a 4 point floating cage with pipe or tubing not to exceed 3'' in diameter. No kickers. Gas tank protector may be attached to cage and run to rear seat deck but may not be connected to rear seat deck in any way. The required halo bar may be connected to the frame, this is the only down tube allowed. Gas tank protectors must be mounted to the cage or the floor pan, not both and protector may touch but not be attached to rear seat sheet metal. DO NOT PUT CAGE INSIDE OF DOORS!!!
7. Suspension: Stock springs must remain on the car (no leaf conversions). 4 clamps allowed on each leaf spring, no bigger than 2x4x3/8”. Leaf springs must remain stock (# and stagger, no truck springs), you cannot weld the springs together! Leaf spring thickness will be measured with a 5/16 open end wrench. Springs must fit inside wrench opening. You can wire or weld the coils to the rear end and weld the leaf brackets to the car. On coil spring cars you may put taller springs in to get height "don't get extreme" but you cannot weld any other material to them or in place of springs. Do not alter a-arms by welding, bolting them down or replacing ball joints with bolts. You may run 1 chain around each side of the rear end and through the floorboard. Maximum bumper height is 28” from the ground to the top of the bumper. Minimum bumper height is 16” to the bottom of the rear bumper. We don’t need anyone flipped over and hurt. Solid suspension is not allowed,do not alter shocks, must have bounce.
8. Hood: Hood MUST be open at inspection– NO EXCEPTIONS! If you bring it wired shut, we WILL cut it open to inspect. Hood must be brought to the inspection line if not attached to car. You MAY use 2 pieces of 1" all-thread but nuts must have handle for easy removal. The hood bolts can go through the frame by the core support. You may use 2” angle x 4” long in 6 spots for bolting hood and fender together two 3/8 bolts per angle, or Unlimited wire. Hood must cover fan blade or fan taken off, no exceptions. Hood MUST remain in stock position. (Not shifted and bent down to the bumper to protect the radiator.) Holes must be cut in hood for fire extinguishment. (If there is not header holes, a special hole must be cut.)
9. Doors: All doors can be welded shut. Weld CAN be solid on ALL doors. Top of doors may be pinched and welded with no fillers. Outside seams allowed plate up to 4" x 1/4 thick max.
10. Trunk: We MUST be able to see inside of trunk compartment. You must have at least a 4" diameter hole in the lid. Trunk lids can be attached 1 of 3 ways: a.) full weld maximum 3" width material and 1/4" thick. b.) 4 pieces of up to 1" all thread through frame c.) Unlimited #9 wire. (wire allowed with all options.) Wagon tailgates considered same as a trunk lid. No sadagon You may NOT attach the trunk lid to the floor of the trunk. No wedges, You cannot see under the lid when this is done, quarter panels must remain upright. The lid must be mounted on hinges or Removed all together. You may dish the center or tuck the trunk lid. When changing bolts in trunk you must have atleast 3 washers stacked for spacing, 1'' bolt max Rear window bar can only attach 2" onto trunk lid, any further and you will cut.
11. Radiators must remain in stock position with no reinforcement to the radiator support. You may have 4 pieces of #9 wire in front of radiator if desired, but must connect to radiator support not the hood.
12. Body mounts: may not be replaced with the exception of the core support area and the 4 mounts in the trunk! The front core support MAY be sucked down to the frame or use spacer, but only in this area! The front body mounts may be replaced with all thread that also holds the hood down." i know some cars have already been stripped when you bought it, if the car was missing body bolts then i will allow you to put bolts back in but must be factory size and rubber pucks must be reinstalled''.
13. Frame: There must not be any frame reinforcements made of any kind. You may seam weld the frame A-arms forward only. Seam welds should be no more than 1/2"wide. Do NOT plug weld frame holes! NO frame pinning. There cannot be any undercoating, paint, or other material on the frame. No grind marks on frame unless approved. no hump plates allowed. Preran cars are allowed a 3x3 band aid patch on each side of a car on the top side only (1 per side) with obvious damage. 03 AND NEWER FORD RULES: all crush zones must remain open and visible. Factory cradle cannot be changed.
14. Bumpers: You can use ANY factory bumper on any car. loaded bumpers are ok , if you choose to add metal to bumper it must be inside or on the back of bumper. You may collapse the shocks and push the bumper in. Allowable welds on a bumper: You may weld the bumper to the shocks & weld the shock and bracket and bracket to the frame, hardnosing ok, but must use factory shock in factory position. no homemade bumper shocks and no rear brackets on the front! Two chains are allowed, one on each side of the bumper. Links may be welded, can be ran from bumper to motor carriage.
15. Tires: any 14'' min 16'' max. No split rims allowed. No solid tires Tires MUST contain some air
16. Steering System: You may alter your steering column to prevent loss and strengthen your tie rods, any aftermarket tie rod is ok.
17. SAFETY FIRST: No unsafe practices like protruding all thread, radiator drain hoses pointed at people, and teeth cut into the bumpers, etc. If a bumper or something comes loose during the race and appears to be a safety concern, we reserve the right to act and correct it. Car must have flat steel, wire, or rod from the cowl to the roof to prevent the hood from entering car. You may add two on the windshield area and two on the rear window area, Sheet metal to sheet metal mounting only. Nothing to cage or rollover bar. 2 pieces in each window opening max. Max. Material is 4x1/4. This is for your safety, not to reinforce your car!
18. misc.: Gas tank must be mounted inside the passenger compartment, tightly secured, and covered. Plastic tanks must be in a solid metal containment box & covered or you will not be allowed to participate. (We strongly recommend metal tanks!) No more than 10 gallons of fuel. Absolutely NO stock fuel lines. Secure new fuel line properly inside of the drivers compartment, not underneath car. Keep away from exhaust. Plastic tanks must be suspended off the floor or in a containment box, no exceptions. Gas tank protectors must be mounted to the cage or the floor pan, not both and protector may touch but not be attached to rear sheet metal. Battery and gas tank must be in separate areas and covered (Not next to each other) OR in separate containment boxes. Must have working brakes – be prepared to demonstrate. Violators will not be allowed to participate if this occurs before or during the events. All hitches must be removed.
You will be allowed 2 trips to the inspection line. Driver only must bring car to inspection unless pre-approved by head official. This is an old school way of building a car. If you don’t like these rules then you need to find a modified show. Once again, OFFICIALS DECISION IS FINAL, so if unsure if you can do something, please call ahead.
General info contact Tim Griggs : 812-899-2908 call or txt
Car building questions contact Cody Boger : 812-887-5152 call or txt